Emergency Care 24/7
Our Emergency Department at SMC has five exam rooms, three trauma bays, a triage room, and a specialty room for psychiatric patients. Our multidisciplinary team of professionals in the ER is committed to providing you with fast, effective emergency care. Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our team offers medical attention you need when immediate health concerns arise.
When You Should Visit the ER
Not every illness or injury requires a trip to the ER. For minor illnesses or injury, schedule treatment with your primary care provider our visit our Walk-In Clinic.
Don't hesitate to visit the ER if when experiencing any of the following:
- Significant blood loss or profuse bleeding that continues even after applying direct pressure to the injured area.
- Obvious compound fractures and/or dislocations of bones
- Deep cuts and severe burns
- Symptoms of a heart attack, including severe chest pain, sweating and shortness of breath
- Prolonged seizures lasting more than five minutes
- Sudden dizziness, weakness, loss of coordination, balance or vision problems, difficulty speaking or slurred speech
- High fever and continuous vomiting, ongoing for several hours
- Intense neck or back pain
- Severe abdominal pain
- Injuries occurring from a significant accident or fall