Homemade Face Mask Guide
In efforts to continue to keep our patients and staff's health a top priority, Shenandoah Medical Center is accepting homemade face mask donations. While we currently have PPE in stock, we would like to have this as an option for our staff.
If you have PPE (disposable masks, N95, gowns or face shields) you would like to donate, please feel free to drop them off at the SMC Clinic Entrance.
If you would like to utilize your sewing talents in supporting our SMC staff, please use the following guidance to create a homemade cloth mask:
- 100% cotton fabric, tightly woven, minimum of 160 thread count per square inch
- Ties and tape – 100% cotton – white or natural color – minimum ¼ inch thick
- Nose piece – minimum 4 inches long – plastic coated wire twist ties
- Mask size when complete – 7 inches wide by 3.75 inches long
- 3 pleats per mask facing upward (from outside view)
- The mask should have two layers of fabric
Homemade Gown Guidance
Donation Drop-Off Location
SMC Clinic Entrance
1 Jack Foster Dr, Shenandoah, IA
- Monday-Friday: 7am-6pm
- Saturday-Sunday: 9am-12pm