Shenandoah Medical Center is closely monitoring the coronavirus outbreak and is working closely with the Centers for Disease (CDC), the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) and our local public health organization. At SMC, we treat patients with infectious diseases every day, and have protocols in place to care for these patients while ensuring the safety of our hospital staff, visitors, and community.
Are You at Risk?
COVID HOTLINE | 712.246.7020
Any calls received after these hours will require patients to leave a message on our answering system. Once the message has been received, a member of the SMC team will call patients back the next business day.
Mon-Fri: 8am - 5pm
Sat-Sun: 9am - 12:30pm
SMC Press Releases
Homemade Face Mask Guide
The best way to prevent the spread of respiratory viruses is to take everyday preventative actions.
- Wash your hand frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol based hand rub with at least 60% alcohol.
- Stay at least six feet from others at all times.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a mask when around others.
- Masks help protect others if you are sick and don't know it.
- Everyone should wear a mask when in public settings - especially when social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.
- Continue to maintain social distancing even when wearing a mask.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- Routinely clean frequently touched surfaces (e.g., doorknobs, light switches, countertops).
- Be alert for symptoms. Watch for fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms of COVID-19.
- Follow CDC guidance if symptoms develop.
If you develop symptoms or think you have been exposed to COVID-19, please call 712-246-7020 BEFORE you go to the clinic.
- Shortness of breath